Fikados Healthcare Services Ltd can provide the practical care and support that you need to stay in control of your life and to keep doing the things that you enjoy every day, without moving out of your home.
We can provide support with:
- A morning call to get you up and ready for your day
- Keeping on top of housework such as cleaning and laundry
- Helping you get to the shops or doing your shopping for you if you prefer
- Making sure you have the medicines you need to reduce pain or swelling and helping you take them regularly
- Taking part in activities you enjoy
- Gentle exercise to keep you mobile
- Helping to prepare meals or assistance with feeding
This can all be done in the comfort of your own home, so you don’t need to move to an assisted living facility.
Definition of Arthritis
The word “arthritis” means “joint inflammation.” Inflammation is one of your body’s natural reactions to disease or injury. It includes swelling, pain, and stiffness. Inflammation that lasts a very long time or comes back, as in arthritis, can lead to tissue damage
Support to stay well
There is currently no cure for arthritis, but treatment and lifestyle changes can reduce pain, improve function and prevent further damage to the joint.
Your doctor may prescribe medicines to ease the pain and reduce inflammation. In some cases surgery may be recommended to replace a knee or hip joint. Lifestyle changes such as gentle exercise can relieve stiffness, reduce pain and fatigue, and also improve muscles and bone strength. Doctors may suggest low-impact aerobic activity, strength training and a range of motion exercises. Heat, ice, water and massage therapies may also help.
Fikados Healthcare services ltd can provide the services you need to manage your condition in your own home, avoiding the disruption of relocating to an assisted living facility. Together we create a care plan that focuses on the things that are important to you. Our high quality care and support is tailored to your unique needs, so you can enjoy the best possible quality of life.